Egg time?

wvhomesteader

In the Brooder
May 5, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm just curious what time of day your flock lays their eggs and when you collect them.

Thanks!

I just got my first 4 hens this past Saturday and I've noticed after I let the girls out of their coop in the morning the eat some feed and bugs and then mid morning they take turns going in to lay.
After I see this I notice when all 4 are out in the yard again and then I go check the coop to see what I've got. So far though only 2 or 3 of them lay each day. I've not had all 4 lay in 1 day yet

Hello everyone,

I'm just curious what time of day your flock lays their eggs and when you collect them.

Thanks!

Most so called "Heritage" hens will lay about once every 25 hours then when the time left in the day for her to lay runs short, she will skip a day and lay again early the next day then start laying again every 25 hours.

Hi everyone,
we have 2 hens and so far in about 2 weeks we have found 4 eggs but not in their coop and we don't know what time they lay, I think only 1 hen is laying the eggs not sure.
Aren't hens suppose to lay their eggs in the brooder attached to their coop?

I just got my first 4 hens this past Saturday and I've noticed after I let the girls out of their coop in the morning the eat some feed and bugs and then mid morning they take turns going in to lay.
After I see this I notice when all 4 are out in the yard again and then I go check the coop to see what I've got. So far though only 2 or 3 of them lay each day. I've not had all 4 lay in 1 day yet
Mine are the same, we got are 4 on the weekend and they are taking turns like yours!

Hi everyone,
we have 2 hens and so far in about 2 weeks we have found 4 eggs but not in their coop and we don't know what time they lay, I think only 1 hen is laying the eggs not sure.
Aren't hens suppose to lay their eggs in the brooder attached to their coop?
A nest box is not a brooder. If you have nest boxes, try putting a couple dummy eggs in them, to show your girls were to lay.

Cool! What kind do you have? I am not sure by your picture. Are these your first chickens? These are my first. Is that a picture of your chicken coop? If so it's awesome!

I believe my ladies are Lohman Brown :) very friendly bunch, these are my first ever chickens and yeh that's there coop, although I am planning to extend the run, for the days I am out, due to being in a built up area, I wouldn't be able to leave them to free roam the garden when I am out! :D

Back
Top Bottom