Egg turner help

u I hatching phesants and it turn to the right an I watched an t the end of the 2 hours it goes center and then left and back to right in like 30 seconds should I do something or just let it do its thing

Mine is doing the exact same thing! Thing is, I watched it before putting eggs in it and I swore it was doing it correctly. My eggs have been in there for about three days and I just watched it turn and it pointed them back in the same direction! I was suspicious because they were always in the same position when I checked on them. Does the rocking motion do enough to have them not stick to the egg? This is frustrating to spend money on something to have the "correct working way" be the wrong way.

I recently just bought a janoel8-48 incubator and its doing the same exact thing. I have eggs that I ordered and I'm very nervous because I want them to hatch. So should I just turn them by hand or has anybody else figured out a way for the automatic egg turner to work?!??

Hi,
Yes I figured it out. Make sure you fix together the lead on the lid with the lead on the tray. They fit together easily. There is a counter display on the front left side of the unit. When the counter reaches '0' it will automatically tilt the tray.
Good luck.
Zoe

I asked the person I bought from (on eBay) and this is the response I got:

Hi friend,
Thanks for your email and contact us about the problem.
Actually the turner turns eggs for 66sec one time,and it works for 2 hours and then the countdown time is over and it will work for next cycle.It turns to the same direction.
So every time it stops at different position.
If you have any other concerns,please feel free to let us know.

I don't understand what they are trying to say, and I don't know how to describe the problem to someone who may not be familiar on how egg incubation works!

Is 37.7 •Celsius good temperature for incubating or do you think it is too low?

Hi we just received our Janoel 8-48 incubator and I do not think the turner is working properly. did you figure out if the quick tilt then back is how it is supposed to work?

did you have them replace your unit

thank you

Is 37.7 •Celsius good temperature for incubating or do you think it is too low?

Hi! Super late response, but hope this helps someone: I've incubated three batches in this same incubator. My best results came from setting it on 38.2 and 30% humidity (then at day 18 increase humidity)

Hi we just received our Janoel 8-48 incubator and I do not think the turner is working properly. did you figure out if the quick tilt then back is how it is supposed to work?

did you have them replace your unit

thank you

I bought mine on amazon with a two year warranty. I have the same turner issues, and their response was that it worked properly. I obviously can return it, but what I did was buy a different turner and keep it. I love the digital display, alarm, and the large size. Obviously I bought it for the turner, etc.., but as far as I know, no seller will admit there is a defect. I'd LOVE to have them fix it, replace, whatever. I've even entertained the idea to find a different motor (because that's what ultimately determines how it turns). Anywho, I'm just keeping mine for the reasons mentioned before. It's a decent price for what you get, and I'm not in the market for a $600+ incubator. Overall, the yolks will stick if you use this incubator's turner. So unfortunate.

Back
Top Bottom