Egg turner question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MadamPoofyBrow, Jan 2, 2016.

1. MadamPoofyBrow

MadamPoofyBrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2015
    I used to have two little giant still air incubators. They were cheap, they worked great for a while, then up and broke in the middle of incubating about 40 eggs each. Long story short, they didn't last but a few months, and I won't be getting a little giant again. But, they each had an egg turner. Both of the turners still work great, so my question is this:
    I am ordering a digital gensis hovabator 1588 circulated air incubator. I've heard they're great bators, and should last awhile. Are incubators kinda a standard size? Will my little giant turner fit in my new hovabator, or should I order a matching turner to go with the new incubator? Also, is there a good chance the LG turner will be breaking soon just like the bator did?

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Not sure. I know the hovabator turner won't fit in the LG.

3. MadamPoofyBrow

MadamPoofyBrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2015
    Is it too big or too small? Cause if the hovabator's bigger than the LG, I could probably still use the turner :)

4. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Probably. My hovabator turner won't fit inside the LG. it is just a tad too big. I bought it for a homemade incubator. I tried it in the LG recently and it wouldn't go in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by