Egg turner question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sixshooter60, Oct 4, 2011.

1. sixshooter60

sixshooter60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Stuart Oklahoma
    Im in the process of building an incubator with turners. i was wondering if there is a difference in egg turner i can buy the LG turners local but is the hova bator turners better or they all about the same . thanks for any help and advice i can get

2. Grog

Grog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    I have been looking into this as I am about to build a bator..... Hova is a good name reliable and decently priced. LG is the next brand I find regularly, but also I see way more negative feedbacks on them. Bad themostats, heaters not workin right etc. as far as turners go the issue is the motor and gear. LG seems to move the egg about every 45min, hova every 2hrs. I have not had either in my hands yet so I can not say anything as to construction. they ae priced very comprabile tho so if you can get a LG local and save shipping thats what I would do

3. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    If my memory serves me well, I believe they both turn the eggs one complete turn every 4 hours..

4. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I have the LG turner and have used it all year and had no problems with it. It works well and I have taken it apart to clean it and put it back together easily with no problem. No motor issues either.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have LG turners. I use them in my LG's and my Hova-Bators. No problems.

6. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    I have a LG turner with hova bator quail tray in it going right now both are the same get the one that cost less

7. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Yeah, if it's just the turner you're asking about, I'd say get the LG one if it's cheaper. I've never seen LG owners complain about their turners.
    Lots of other things [​IMG] yes, but the turners in their bators seem to be okay.

8. sixshooter60

sixshooter60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Stuart Oklahoma
    Thanks folks for the replies.. the LG i can buy local but the hova bator i would have to order. and like most of you said i havent heard anything bad said about the LG turner . so i will go with that .. thanks again for the help

9. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I have, love and use 2 hovabators. I also have, use and love the 2 LG egg turners inside them. For example...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by