Egg turner was off.

Copperbottom

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 27, 2014
So I’ve incubated eggs for a few years and for some reason I set eggs and didn’t even notice the turner was off! I’m super worried and not sure when I will know if I messed up the whole hatch. Set them on Tuesday, went out of town till Friday. They were all checked and doing well so were moved once that day. Checked them again on Sunday, then again Monday when I noticed the huge mistake. So they sat a few days and were moved a few times. The embryos were moving. How long will it take until I know if I’ve ruined the hatch?

If you've set them on Tuesday 11th August, by tomorrow (the 7th day) you can candle the eggs and know if they are a yolker, a quitter or a developing egg.

Egg turning is very essential and should be done minimum 3 times a day. The temperature and humidity play a huge part too.

I know they are viable at this point just dont know if it will take a few days to know if they are stuck to the shell, or how long they survive if stuck. I guess I can candle after a week and see if they are still growing.

Back
Top Bottom