1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

egg turning

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by country11187, May 30, 2011.

1. country11187

country11187 New Egg

May 30, 2011
    DOVER DELAWARE
    I have had my eggs in a still air incubator hand turing them. I now have a egg turner an was wandering if it would do any harm if i put the turner in there an put the 2 week old eggs in the turner. i wouldnt think it would hurt but jus want to make sure. any and all tips are apprciated thanks a bunch

2. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Hi country11187! Welcome to this wonderful website!

It will not hurt to put the 2 week old eggs in the turner. The change in position will

do no damage at all.

- Be sure to put the eggs in the turner with the pointy end of the egg facing downwards.
    - Be sure to unplug and remove the turner on the 18th day of incubation

-Becca

3. CatDaddyAlbert

CatDaddyAlbert NoFeathersRuffled

Apr 22, 2011
    Gumboro, Delaware
    Hi country11187, won't hurt them at all. Just be easy with them and don't jar them around too much, and also remember to put the pointy end down.

Good Luck!!!

4. country11187

country11187 New Egg

May 30, 2011
    DOVER DELAWARE
    thanks yall for the help. i am also so finicky with the eggs casue i want a good hatch

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Welcome to BYC country and good luck with your hatch [​IMG]

6. squeak1387

squeak1387 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    bronson, fl
    [​IMG]

Fat end up with the eggs but it should all be ok. I have had best results taking them out of the turner for lock down too! [​IMG]

7. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    actually, it might be a GOOD idea!! putting the eggs upright in the turner helps them get into the position for hatching. i believe hand turning is the best to do when the egg is young, and using a turner is best for the later days. make sure you have the pointy end downwards!! and take it out for lockdown!!

oh, and [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. LilMissPetie

LilMissPetie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Michigan
    [​IMG] good luck with your hatch

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I agree with the other posts. at day 18 or 19 take the eggs back out of the turner and DON"T touch them and let them hatch. Good luck and have fun!!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by