Egg viability timeline

dark masses? as in they started developing already or dark yolks?

don't worry about them being cold. fridge eggs can still be incubated, so long as they weren't started off and then refrigerated, though a day wouldn't prohibit further development much.

Why anyone would use hermes to send their eggs to u is beyond me lol literally everytime waiting for a parcel from them it turns up two weeks later xx

Eggs can still be viable Down to 0C. As long as ice crystals don't form, they should still develop. Cell division doesn't happen till 27C.
At this point, I would warm the eggs up slowly to incubation temps so they don't collect condensation.
I have to disagree with some that has been written in this thread. Especially the suggestion to not turn the eggs for a few days. Recent research indicates that frequent turning beginning on day 0 is critical and is essential during days 0-7 when extra embryonic membranes develop.
Not turning during this time limits the uptake of nutrients by the embryo.
Just because they spent days in limbo doesn't mean they were jostled to the point of scrambling. They were probably just sitting somewhere.

Day 18, started lockdown. 8 out of 12 eggs had no development, 3 had amber like Crystal's on the outside of the shell!

Of the remaining 4, 1 is looking ok, the other 3 I'm not hopeful for but they may just be sat in the egg low down.

I've contacted the seller about replacements as I'm down to a 30% success, more likely 7%. Not heard back after 3 days so will give them another day or 2 before putting in a refund request. I'm sure their misadvertising of shipping is what killed the eggs...

Day 22 and nothing happening, I took the eggs out for a closer look and all 4 looked like they didnt get past lumpy soup, it was just the angle of the light making them look darker. Very disappointed

Back
Top Bottom