Egg(ward) Bound

Stray

Songster
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
OKC
My hen had recently started laying (just a few days ago), her first and second eggs were bound.
Currently after just fixing her second egg binding, the membrane had dryed on the first eggbinding and I prayed she would wait to have the second but now I had to cut the stuff away and it's just hanging outt of her vent which is swollen and she's still pushing as if there's still and egg there, though there isn't.
What should I do?

hu.gif

what stuff did you cut away?

do you have pics? (pics although may be gross they really help with illness)

if she is egg bound and is trying to pass another egg while she is still swollen from the first a warm soak of her bottom may help... just fill the sink up with warm water and allow her to rest her bum in it and this may help the other egg to pass

I would then keep her in a dark area to slow down her egg laying cycle to allow her to heal

She'd been stuck with her first egg thursday night, we took her to the vet.
Tonight she had her second and was once again egg bound she'd pushed it most of the way out but it was held to her by the dried membrane. We just cut that in half and removed the egg. now the dried/dead skin is just hanging out of her vent.
Sorry, I have no pictures, we currently have no camera.

I am far from an expert but what I would do is keep her in a dark area and slow down her cycle.... hopefully it will heal... but if its like this again tomorrow it maybe time for another trip to the vet...

Back
Top Bottom