Egg weight

20211003_142059.jpg

His flock are coral blue, lavender, light blue, buff dundotte, brown, pied, violet, and white.
Shoot, I used the tablet camera again. - I'll post one from camera after this.
These 3 are, I believe,buff, buff dundotte, & lavender. ...you don't want me to tell you the colors that didn't make it. 😔 That's what @R2elk & I were trying to fig out, was the color of the undotted. "She's" creamy colored, white wings, belly & face. She's a sweetie, 1st one hatched and wants to cuddle w/me. Took her awhile to cuddle w/mates, kept 6" from them w/her back to them.🤷‍♀️ I guess overnight it got lonely bc she's w/them now.
Yes, the temp dropped the night Rosie's hatched, it was actually the twins, not triplets, that I had moved out that day. They nestled in between the boys and triplets.
Oh I see now! Different lighting makes all the difference in color. I’m sorry about the little ones that didn’t make it! I might get shipped eggs next year, but I feel like they are such a gamble… And I get attached too easy. I still feel bad about the ones I set that didn’t make it, and there were a lot of those this past year!

Oh I see now! Different lighting makes all the difference in color. I’m sorry about the little ones that didn’t make it! I might get shipped eggs next year, but I feel like they are such a gamble… And I get attached too easy. I still feel bad about the ones I set that didn’t make it, and there were a lot of those this past year!
Have you noticed with pieds that they have what look like blue rings around the eye socket when they hatch? Had never seen before, but most of this hatch did. I've never had pied before so fig that must be it.

There are far better results normally by getting live keets rather than hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom