Egg White are Separated from Yoke

pHENtHOUSE

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 27, 2013
A couple of my chickens (about 1 year old) have started laying eggs that the shells are not formed smooth (the large end is very rough) and the yoke sits all by itself in the pan and the white is really runny. The Marian Cross has lost it's deep brown color too.

They have always laid normal eggs. All chickens are fed the same food, they get to roam the yard several times a week, they get bread as a treat and they get oyster shells.

Anyone have any ideas! Also one other has weak shells.

Sounds like what I am going through which is a mild case of Infectious Bronchitis. Are they sneezing or making a honking sound? I think my chickens got them from all the wild birds around my place since we live in the country next to the woods. It's been several months but the whites have finally firmed back up but one hen still lays an occasional thin egg that cracks easily and an egg that is a little odd shaped.

I have not noticed them honking or any runny eyes or such but maybe I'll hit their water with an antibiotic just in case. The shells seem to be getting rougher on the two hen's eggs. All other eggs seem fine. Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom