Egg white kind of mixed up, not due to handling...

Godiva

Crowing
16 Years
May 17, 2007
Colorado
I have a bantie cochin hen, Calypso, almost two years old. She lays pretty faithfully, a 'large-for-her' egg. But the last while I have noticed her egg white is not normal. It is not in two distinct sections like the other eggs. Instead it looks like I stirred it and a lot of it adheres to the inside of the shell when I break it open. Do you think she has some deficiency? She is inside all the time... no run yet... so no sunshine, she used to be in the tractor where she got lots of greens and sunshine. I do take everyone some greens every day since they don't all get to freerange. She gets layer mash, diatomaceous earth, oystershell just like everyone else. She seems absolutely fine otherwise... I am not sure if this is the right spot to post this but it isn't really an emergency so didn't want to take up space on the diseases forum...

Thanks for your input,

It's just the white that's doing this? Sometimes I notice that the white adheres to the inside of the eggs. I wouldn't worry about it. Eggs change seasonably. Keep an eye on her eggs and on her so see if her behavior changes.

Yes, it is pretty strongly adhered to the inside of the shell - the yolk looks totally normal to me. I am wondering if this will affect the hatchability of her eggs? I would imagine so....

Back
Top Bottom