Egg white poop?

Allthefloofs

Songster
Sep 16, 2020
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey all, I have some girls that are about 18 weeks now, one of them has taken to sleeping on top of the coop and I noticed that she pooped something that looks like egg white. There's some shed intestinal lining there, which I tend to notice more during the cold season with all of our girls so I'm not really concerned about that. I didn't see any worms or anything, but it looks like two of the girls are having egg white type poops. The one on top of the coop is an easter egger, so I expect her to lay fairly soon. I don't remember our first group of girls having these types of poops (which doesn't mean they didn't happen, of course), is this something I need to watch or just a sign from them that it's time for some OS in their run? Pics of poop and the one girl I know pooped the first poop. She is her usual sweet, frisky self, not acting off in any way. All the other girls are acting normally as well IMG_6062.jpeg IMG_6063.jpeg IMG_6064.jpeg
IMG_6062.jpeg
IMG_6063.jpeg
IMG_6064.jpeg

@Wyorp Rock, I thought I had some Corid, but I don't, I do have medicated feed that my chicks are almost done with. If I can't get a bottle of Corid today I am assuming it wouldn't hurt to give them that food for now until I can dose their water, correct?

@Wyorp Rock, I thought I had some Corid, but I don't, I do have medicated feed that my chicks are almost done with. If I can't get a bottle of Corid today I am assuming it wouldn't hurt to give them that food for now until I can dose their water, correct?
The chick starter won't hurt them, it's got a really low dose of Amprolium so it won't treat an overload, but if that's what you have, then I would use it.

The chick starter won't hurt them, it's got a really low dose of Amprolium so it won't treat an overload, but if that's what you have, then I would use it.
I managed to track the last bottle in our area down at a far flung Tractor Supply Company. I am guessing another feed store might have it, but they are all closed except for TSC. I am going to start them now.

I had the Vet do a fecal on her, it was definitely her weird poop, I watched her defecate on camera one morning, I collected the abnormal poop as well as a normal one an hour later and they said she's clean of everything, including cocci for her. My vet suggested we just watch her for now.

Back
Top Bottom