Egg whoa's = from fried to the dog bowl

You shouldn't feel ridiculous; just consider yourself enlightened! I can't imagine that I ate "sweat shop" eggs for so long.

Last edited:
We were pleasantly surprised by the darker yolks.

I did not realize that the color will vary with the seasons. I let them out into the yard at least an hour four or five days a week in the evening.

Dave

Oh ducks are fun! Hilarious birds. Messy... very messy. Makes for harder work to care for them and different housing for the best results... but they lay a larger egg and it's waiting for you bright and early every morning. Way more consistent than a chicken... some of the breeds anyways. Chickens lay on a schedule that alters through each day until they take a day off.. but that duck I have laying.. ready and waiting every morning! 3 more girls need to start, but with the hens slowing down and one in bad molt... Quackers is doing her best to pick up the slack.

Tastes the same, little thicker and slightly different texture compared to chicken eggs.

Quote:
I love my ducks... Incredible slobs that they are. Super easy and an egg a day before sunrise, everyday. Almost all Yolk too. I was kind of surprised with my first chicken egg, I thought it looked like a mini duck egg (only brown).

Quote:
They both look fertile, or am I imagining? I have very bad eyesight, lol.

Can't vouch for the store bought egg, but mine is unfertilized for sure.
wink.png

Quote:
They both look fertile, or am I imagining? I have very bad eyesight, lol.

Can't vouch for the store bought egg, but mine is unfertilized for sure.
wink.png

LOL!!
gig.gif
I told you I have bad eyes. I can't wait til my glasses are paid for!

Back
Top Bottom