Egg with no air cell

pibb

Songster
Dec 12, 2018
Tennessee
Im saving eggs to incubate. Ive candled the ones I have collected, about 9, and one of those does not have an air cell. Does this mean anything? Should I plan on leaving it out?

Im saving eggs to incubate. Ive candled the ones I have collected, about 9, and one of those does not have an air cell. Does this mean anything? Should I plan on leaving it out?

Sometimes they can be hard to find, and may not be in the usual spot, but I feel certain it has one. Look all around the egg. They are smallest in the freshest eggs. I've seen very tiny ones. But they will grow a little over a few days, so if you aren't setting right now, check it again later.

I have it setting big end up. I will check it again later to see. These 4 eggs were laid since last night but that one could have been real fresh.

Some shells and certain colors are harder to candle also. The higher the lumens put out by the flashlight, the better.

And if time rolls around to set, and you still can't see it, I'd go ahead and put it in anyway, assume its in the fat end, and just being shy lol. It will either develop or not, so unless you are crammed for space in the incubator, it shouldn't hurt anything to go ahead and set it.

Back
Top Bottom