Egg withdrawal for Bronco fly spray???

The_Flock

Songster
Aug 24, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Hey Peeps!

I have had an issue with mites and lice in my coop for the last 3 years. We live very near to a protected swamp and lake area that has a MILLION wild birds. I feel the birds bring in the pests. Last year I used ivermectin and it worked great!! But the egg withdrawal (EW) ended up being 6 weeks when all was said and done.
I've been reading that lots of ppl have had success with Bronco fly spray for horses, on their chickens. I've read many great stories, but...there's never a mention of length of time for EW.
I'm in Ontario Canada, and wonder if anyone can tell me the EW for permethrin, or Bronco fly spray, to be specific.
Thank you very much, good Peeps. I very much look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!! 😁

I rarely use permethrin (including Bronco), but when I have, I have not done any egg withdrawal as I was under the impression that it wasn't necessary.

I hope that's true .. because I have been eating those eggs!

Thank you.

I heard in the states there is no egg withdrawal for permethrin. But in Canada they regulate stuff differently. But...they use it on veggies. So...?? Lol.
I'm also guessing that this is why there's not much info on EW with permethrin.
What do you use, when you're treating for mites and lice?

Thank you very much. I've read this article too. I def enjoyed reading it. 😊
I think the 10 day idea for EW is a relatively good idea then.
No problem!! :love and yeah I’d definitely follow some sort of EW for sure but then again I’m kind of paranoid :lau but I think it would be a good idea!

Back
Top Bottom