Egg withdrawal for Bronco fly spray???

The_Flock

Songster
Aug 24, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Hey Peeps!

I have had an issue with mites and lice in my coop for the last 3 years. We live very near to a protected swamp and lake area that has a MILLION wild birds. I feel the birds bring in the pests. Last year I used ivermectin and it worked great!! But the egg withdrawal (EW) ended up being 6 weeks when all was said and done.
I've been reading that lots of ppl have had success with Bronco fly spray for horses, on their chickens. I've read many great stories, but...there's never a mention of length of time for EW.
I'm in Ontario Canada, and wonder if anyone can tell me the EW for permethrin, or Bronco fly spray, to be specific.
Thank you very much, good Peeps. I very much look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!! 😁

I'm kinda paranoid as well...which is the reason for this post. 😆
Thank you so much for all your help.

I have a RIR who is having yellow poops. I thought it might be pertonitis, but she's not showing any typical symptoms for it at all...except for the poop. Then I saw that my CR was thin, and also noticed that there have been a few signs pointing to mites and/or lice. So now I'm going down hard again with the insecticides.
I'm not really sure how to handle the RIR though, because she is on tetracycline right now. So I'm not sure if I can put the permethrin on her now, or if I should wait a few days.
If the RIR has lice/mites, then you would want to get rid of them.

Yes, I do want to get rid of the pests, for sure. So, I'm guessing you feel it's ok to do the permethrin while she's on tetracycline then? Her last day for tetracycline is tomorrow. So I could feasibly cut her short one day to give her the permethrin tomorrow. The only reason she's on the antibiotics is because I thought the yellow poop was peritonitis. 😊
I would have no problem using a Permethrin product labeled for use in poultry in conjunction with an antibiotic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom