Egg withdrawal period for mite treatment

1 ml of 44.2% Elector has 442 mg spinosad per ml.
1 ml of 0.5% garden concentrate has 5 mg per ml.

Elector directions say 3 ounces per 10 gallons, yes?
3 ounces per 10 gallons = 88.7 ml
88.7 ml / 10 gallons = 8.87 ml per 1 gallon

If something is 44.2% spinosad that means that one ml = 442 mg spinosad
If something is 0.5% spinosad that means that one ml = 5 mg spinosad

elanco_spinosad_1.PNG

Last edited:
I have no idea - I was planning on 2 tablespoon's in 3.3 gallons - I would only measure in ml if I was administering a specific medication that required use of a syringe. This is going in a sprayer.

I have no idea - I was planning on 2 tablespoon's in 3.3 gallons - I would only measure in ml if I was administering a specific medication that required use of a syringe. This is going in a sprayer.
If you are going to use Elector it's probably okay to use 2 teaspoons per gallon. That's a little more than 0.1% final concentration, but not much more.

.... I believe my flock had the red northern fowl mite on them. There were little red bugs on their underfeathers and sometimes I saw very tiny white versions of these as well, possibly the same mite but in baby form?....

Northern fowl mites and red or roost mites are two different species of poultry pests.
Permethrin is a safe and effective antidote for most mites and lice. A 5% concentration of permethrin is safe for use on a 3 day old human baby. That is good enough for this old country boy. Besides, there is no egg withdrawal period when treating your hens with Permethrin. Do remember that even though Permethrin is cleared for use in an apery as a ground drench it is still deadly to honey bees and aquatic life.

For a bad case of mites it may be necessary to dip your flock for the first time or two. Then spray them every 90 to 180 days.

Northern fowl mites and red or roost mites are two different species of poultry pests.
Permethrin is a safe and effective antidote for most mites and lice. A 5% concentration of permethrin is safe for use on a 3 day old human baby. That is good enough for this old country boy. Besides, there is no egg withdrawal period when treating your hens with Permethrin. Do remember that even though Permethrin is cleared for use in an apery as a ground drench it is still deadly to honey bees and aquatic life.

For a bad case of mites it may be necessary to dip your flock for the first time or two. Then spray them every 90 to 180 days.
5%? You sure that's not 0.5%?

I think I have found mites on my girls. If I use the elector psp as directed, the sprayer is separate and not included? Once mixed, you spray this on your chickens? Does it affect them if it is cold outside?

Back
Top Bottom