egg withdrawal with Tylan soluble

jeannieo

Songster
11 Years
Oct 25, 2008
Collinsville, CT
About a month ago, I noticed my Silkie roo, Sidney, was lethargic and when I picked him up to check him over, saw that he seemed to have a very bad eye infection and his nares were running gross green runny stuff to beat the band
sickbyc.gif
. I tried to get an appt. with my chicken vet but she was going to be off for about 3 days but called me and told me to give two weeks of Tribrissen and treat the eye with Terramycin, both of which, luckily I had on hand. Sidney seemed to be improving but as soon as I stopped the antibiotics, he went downhill fast. got an appt. and it was touch and go for a couple of days but he pulled through with a round of Baytril for two weeks, continuing the Terramycin, and applying Vet Rx on the nares which had been very runny. He is now much better and upstairs in my bathroom crowing away and I swear I've never heard a sweeter sound
wee.gif
! anyway, I asked the vet if I could put him back in with his peeps but his nares were still a tiny bit congested so she gave me a five day supply of Tylan 50 to put in the water for the entire flock in case Sidney's problem was microplasm. Hate to show my ignorance but don't know what that is and will look it up. The vet told me there was a one day egg withdrawal with the Tylan 50. this is probably a dumb question but someone told me once that it's only dumb if you don't ask! Should I be throwing the eggs away for the entire six days (five days of Tylan and one day after?) the girls are just starting to pick up laying again after this long hard winter and it KILLS me to throw eggs away!
barnie.gif
could I at least not throw eggs away the first day of the Tylan? Maybe they won't have so much in their system?
hu.gif

I made a post for you and 2 people said that there is no withdrawl for Tylan soluble. There only is one for the injectable one and that is how ever long your vet says.

Johnn! you rock! My vet is very good and was reading the bottle. I'm wondering if maybe the withdrawal is if you're going to eat the chicken? GASP! Never! I can't even bring myself to eat chicken from the store anymore (I do eat their eggs though, just to clarify!
yesss.gif
) Thank you so much!

Johnn! you rock! My vet is very good and was reading the bottle. I'm wondering if maybe the withdrawal is if you're going to eat the chicken? GASP! Never! I can't even bring myself to eat chicken from the store anymore (I do eat their eggs though, just to clarify!
yesss.gif
) Thank you so much!
Mind I bet you must be annoyed at the fact you have been throwing eggs away for nothing ;)

I actually have NOT thrown any eggs away
wee.gif
I just started the Tylan today! yay! another question. I have another girl who has been squeaking and wheezing and the vet said to give her Tribrissin. I think I'm pretty good at shoving a syringe down a chickens throat but I was in a hurry and I thought I got it down the right way but she started choking a gurgling so I thought I aspirated her
rant.gif
but that was a half hour ago and she's still alive. If I did it wrong would she be dead by now? Not gurgling anymore. I did hold her upside down and some of the meds trickled out but just a little. do you think she'll be all right? thanks in advance for your help!

wee.gif
I just started the Tylan today! yay! another question. I have another girl who has been squeaking and wheezing and the vet said to give her Tribrissin. I think I'm pretty good at shoving a syringe down a chickens throat but I was in a hurry and I thought I got it down the right way but she started choking a gurgling so I thought I aspirated her
rant.gif
but that was a half hour ago and she's still alive. If I did it wrong would she be dead by now? Not gurgling anymore. I did hold her upside down and some of the meds trickled out but just a little. do you think she'll be all right? thanks in advance for your help!
Tsk tsk, so many people put out misinformation. The fact is: There's a ONE day withdrawal period after using tylan soluable.
http://www.cfo.on.ca/_pdfs/PoultryWithdrawalTimeChart-Mar30-07.pdf

Last edited:
wee.gif
rant.gif

Tsk tsk, so many people put out misinformation. The fact is: There's a ONE day withdrawal period after using tylan soluable.
http://www.cfo.on.ca/_pdfs/PoultryWithdrawalTimeChart-Mar30-07.pdf
Well then, I hope you know the dates of which ones were layed!

Back
Top Bottom