eggbid.net

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kbgh, Aug 22, 2010.

1. kbgh

kbgh Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone signd up with them yet. I found it a little aggrivating that they want a $2.50 verification fee and that it is recurring every 90 days. And that's only to bid, if you post a want ad it's another buck per ad but no fees for sellers. Kinda strange if you ask me. Kerry

2. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    I won't ever pay a fee to buy !

That is just wrong - - - - seller's normally pay a fee and pass the cost of the fee onto the buyers by the price they set.

Have you tried ebay ? ?

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I thought Eggbid was defunct? do a search on that and I'm sure you'll find dozens of threads related to it.

4. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    I don't even mess with that site...I never even see anyone placing bids on there...that should tell you something! A place who charges someone to BUY is INSANE!!!

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:That was eggbid.com .net is a different one.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:That was eggbid.com .net is a different one.

ahhhhhh My bad [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I was not crazy about Eggbid.NET because of the charges.........no deal for me!

8. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    It'll die. Charging anything raises the amount of the final sale to the point where someone can go buy a 1-5 day old chick, for the same price.

They're doomed. Somebody wanted to make money, instead of provide a service that makes money.

Fail.

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:That verification fee does nothing, all your doing is paying the site owners $2.50 to sell and then another $2.50 to buy. How stupid. I have an account and used it once to buy before they put that stupid rule in. They will fail.

I switched over to ovabid.com and featherauction.com which I like much much better.

10. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i joined, must have been before they started charging but to be honest, not to excited about it, i like byc's and rare breeds much better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by