Eggbound? HElp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenscratch, Apr 18, 2009.

1. chickenscratch

chickenscratch Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2007
    From reading up on eggbound chickens, i'm pretty sure thats what's going on. she looks bloated, poop is running out of her and dried on her rear end, she isn't moving very much and she looks like she is constantly trying to go to the bathroom. I soaked her in warm water for around 20 minutes. I massaged her underside, I even put a rubber glove on and stuck my finger up there to try and feel an egg but no go. I think I feel an egg through her underside but not sure. Is this what I should be trying? ANy other ideas? If I don't solve this problem is she just going to die of this?
    Thanks
    Chicken Scratch

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    vaseline around her vulva-warm baths--thats all I can remember walikng out the door--look in the search section on top plug in eggbound hen-youll get lots of better responses

3. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I have syringed corn oil down the throat. I added corn oil to food and some in the water put her in a cage and.The next day the egg passed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by