egglaying at standstill

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by huntermett, Nov 7, 2009.

1. huntermett

huntermett Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2009
    Claremore
    ok troops its been awhile since i've wrote anything so here goes . all my hens with the exception of a hen that went broody and raised 4 cuties and 1 young buff frizzle hen have stopped laying . the broody hen is still with the babies and the frizzle hen is with a white frizz roo.
    the others are a mixed bunch of girls 4 sl wyndottes 2 gl wyndottes 3 amercaunas 3 barred rocks and 2 cinnamon queens , oh and one california white . the cali white, 3 barred ,2cinn ,and 3 wyndottes are early summer late spring hatch . oh by the way the frizz hen is same hatch as others listed. nobody is sick its not too cold yet, and on real cool nights ive put a heat lamp out . still the same . proper feed fresh water is given daily . im puzzled . can anybody help ?[​IMG]

2. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    same here, and 2 neighbors also, I think its the wacky weather! We put a light in the chicken house with a timer to give them more daylight by a few hours, and today got 8 eggs, out of about 25 hens, so better than none!!!! or 1!
    also DH was giving them a lot of corn, along with the layer mash, so I went and got some scratch grain that we used to give them for treats, instead of straight corn. they still get most of their nutrition from the layer mash.
    I thought about hanging some nice curtians in there for them, or maybe some chicken wallpaper I got.... to cheer them up!!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by