Eggs and more Q & A

crandal

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2016
Southern Utah, apple valley
Ok all you BYC enthusiasts, time for a little debate / informational discussion. Use this thread for all your egg Q & A. I'll start.

To wash or not to wash,. That is the question. Now,. I'm new to the raising poultry community but I am learning fast. Lots of articles and discussions and like everything else in life THERE IS CONTROVERSY!!! So,. Instead of articles let's bring it to real live people and get real time answers

Now, one article says collect eggs daily wash under cold water to get clean and by doing so you remove the protective layer so immediately put into fridge so bacteria doesn't enter egg.

Another article states, DO NOT WASH EGGS!!! in doing so the water actually forces some bacteria from on the shell into the egg and rather than wash just make sure you clean nest daily so eggs come out clean and collect daily and if need be, Scrub witha dry abrasive pad and put right in fridge but actually they can sit at room temp for a while since you didn't wash off protective layer so egg can breathe but still best to put right in fridge.

Ok all give it to me,. I want opinions,. Answers,. Side bar questions,. Thoughts,. How have you, the more experienced BYC'er been doing it and what advice could you give to the less experienced BYC'er here still trying to figure it all out.

And please,. Newbies/oldbies feel free to use this thread for any and all egg related questions for all to get the answers they may seek. Thank you all and 3.2.1. go!!!

Back
Top Bottom