Eggs and Wazine 17

jtharpe

Hatching
May 24, 2017
Howdy all,

I am 100% positive that this has been asked, but I could not find it. I am using Wazine 17 to treat my flock of which one has worms.

I am now understanding as a new chicken owner that there are better more natural treatments then Wazine to use. BUT that being said I have already treated them. I have been told I need to trash the eggs for 2 weeks after treatment, but the bottle says "Do not use in chickens producing eggs for human consumption" So my question is. Can the eggs be eaten after 2 weeks or can they now no longer be eaten at all?

Thanks,
Justin

Yes they can still be eaten.
Wazine was a good choice...Not all natural treatments actually work. ;)
Welcome to BYC!

Thanks for such a fast reply! So just trash them for 2 weeks after treating them, and I should be good to go?

I gotta ask you a few questions first.
Did you have a fecal test done on their poo to determine what exact worms they have?

I did not - I had one bird that was acting much different then the rest very lazy. When out of the coop would just lay under trees and not seem very interested in anything. Then the following day I noticed she had pooped in the nesting box she was laying in, and it was full of worms and very green/yellow.

Thanks for all the info! Like I said we are new to raising chickens, and we bought them from a guy who got them and decided he did not want to keep them, but he said in the 6 weeks he had them he never had to clean out their coop so my guess after reading the information you provided they probably got worms from their living area being dirty. He gave us the bale of pine shavings he was using and had only taken a couple coffee cans worth out of it and the nesting boxes were almost down to the wood.

We are keeping everything clean for them now and trying to nurse them back to health. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions!

Wazine 17 question............ can I feed the discarded eggs back to my chickens or do I have to throw them all away and waste them?

Back
Top Bottom