Eggs are hatching!

Here’s the squab on day 4.
64BB538E-0C39-491B-95C1-A60E6DA4051E.jpeg
9FD4901A-923C-4C39-92D2-91D38AFBF2D8.jpeg

Yup, they are poop "aimers" lol. My squabs and brooding parents will hang their butts over the nest bowl in order to poop outside their nest bowl rather than in it. Just goes to show, pigeons don't just poop automatically like many people think, they can control and aim it to some degree! And, they also will move it around when it's in their way or somewhere they don't want it!
... speaking of control,
994d2f3f0819e2282695f7d0c65e9477.jpg

:lol:

Btw I did not mean to attach those files. And those are turkish takla, of the mardin variety. So super rare and expensive. Which means not a ton of information about them. :barnie
Wow! So I looked up your mardin turkish takla ... those are some incredible acrobats. Especially the 'helicopter' maneuver ! :D

https://9tube.me/watch?v=vdr3201tH6g

There is quite a bit on the turkish takla, less about the mardin variety specifically.

Yeah I will get some of those... the thing is I was not expecting eggs at all and didn’t want to move them. 1 question, does providing a nest bowl encourage adult birds to lay? And if it does you probably remove them in the winter? Thanks for the advice, beating myself up about not thinking of that. I’m the positive side though, it’s warming up considerably here so that’s nice for the squab( is that a meat bird only term? Cause I’m not eating this one)

Back
Top Bottom