Eggs are in the incubator!! hope the temp evens out

kvmommy

Songster
9 Years
Jan 2, 2011
I just got all 24 of my eggs into the incubator. Since most are dark eggs, and almost all the light eggs have broken air cells, I put one of each on the wire and one of each in the carton. Because the ones in the carton are standing closer to the heat source (still air incubator) I'm hoping they'll do ok. I just propped one end up and plan to switch sides each time I turn. Is that ok? Ughhh..I wish I hadn't gotten started with this. It's all I think about.

Good luck-it's an obsession!!

I'm not really sure what you meant about switching sides, but even if you have broken air cells, you should always strive to keep the larger end up, where the air cell *should* be.

Ok IT's been an over a day.. lol
pop.gif
Hows your temps?

Last edited:
LOL...it'll stay at 100 for 8-9 hours, shoot up to 102. then i lower it by barely moving the dial and it'll drop to 98-99. then I readjust to 100 and it starts all over. I'm worried my eggs in the carton will cook cuz they r higher up.

Okay, how long does it stay high and will it drop on it's own without intervention. Before you put the eggs in did you see this pattern...Some incubators just go high and then will settle down on their own. Is the dropping happening at night when the air might be cooler.

By any chance is it near a door that may be open or shut?

Also, did you calibrate your thermometer?

I hope and pray everything works out well. Nancy

Tell me about it. I am on my 1st time. All I do is worry. I post on here and facebook all the time. And to people I talk to in person. Everyone but people on here think I am crazy. But I don't care. It is very addicting. How you ask? let me tell you. We might lose power if the ice comes in tonight. I live in Ga. We have decided to start the car and turn on the heat and the heaters in the seat and put the eggs in there. I know crazy but i want to help my 1st hatch have all the chance in the world. Good luck.

Like Bargain said...check for drafts in the area you have your bator. I just finished all the fine tuning on my home made cooler-bator. I cycled it for about 48 hours and still had a temp fluctuation of 2 degrees. Then I wised up and shut the door and turned off the lights in the second bathroom where the bator is, and the temps settled right down. Now it is at min/max of 99.3/99.8.

I really didn't think that having the door open would matter that much, but in my case I guess it does.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom