eggs are stuck to the turner

brooklynchick

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Hi,

This is my first try incubating chicken eggs. We are using the Hovabator with a turner and placed them in yesterday. Sadly, out of the 24 that came by UPS, 7 were cracked but I put the rest in. Today, I moved a few eggs to make room for the thermometer and noticed that two of the eggs are stuck to the turning tray. I assume they had small cracks that leaked and now I'm afraid to pull them out and have them break and make a big mess. I tried putting a little water around them but they didn't loosen up. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

They will rot if you leave them in there broken. You will probably need to take the good eggs out of the turner, remove the turner bar that the bad eggs are stuck too and go to the sink or trash and break the eggs off. Then you can wash them with hot water to get the rest off then replace arm, eggs and you are ready to go.

I agree with the previous post! I have had that happen a few times, and if they won't unstick, that is about the only thing you can do! You don't want to let them ripen too long!

Back
Top Bottom