Eggs aren't hatching

They laid eggs inside your house? And wiped their beaks on your door?
That's so cool! I can just imagine this with my chickens:

Piper walks up to the door.
Squid walks up to the door.
All chickens walk up to the door.
Max: LET ME IN!
Max destroys door and charges in.
Chickens rampage.
Only one chicken lays egg in the right spot indoors.

They laid eggs inside your house? And wiped their beaks on your door?
That's so cool! I can just imagine this with my chickens:

Piper walks up to the door.
Squid walks up to the door.
All chickens walk up to the door.
Max: LET ME IN!
Max destroys door and charges in.
Chickens rampage.
Only one chicken lays egg in the right spot indoors.
That's hilarious! Well it started cause they were raised indoors and when they first laid eggs we gave them a nice nest cubby in our kitchen and would give them oats afterward. So when they were put outside it was their routine to get it done inside😂. One hen didn't just wipe her beak on the door she would fly up to the window on the kitchen door and beat it with her wings until she fell back down, rest and repeat!

Id leave them in, maybe they are late. Could have hot and cold spots in incubator. You could also check see if they have pipped into air cell, hold to your ear listen for movement.

That's great to know as I've got 3 more eggs left in the incubator and they're 22 days old now so was worried. My incubator is a self-rigged system so it makes sense that there are probably cold & hot spots that's affecting their development. I did notice the eggs that have already hatched were in the 'warmer' spots away from the incubator door. I've checked twice over the past 2 days for internal pipping but nothing so I'll go and listen to the eggs later and also do a "sniff" test to check for activity & viability but will leave till day 25.

Back
Top Bottom