Eggs Arrival a Week Apart

gus2pp

Songster
5 Years
Aug 20, 2014
I have a broody, and ordered some eggs online on Tuesday this week. I bought a small number of eggs from one farmer, and a small number of eggs from another. I went ahead and ordered the second group because the ad guaranteed I would recieve the eggs in three days. (Am I naive to believe such things? Apparently.) I bought the eggs all on the same day. I got one shipment of eggs today, and when I went and checked on the status if the other eggs they said they hadn't been sent yet. I emailed the farmer and explained the situation, they said, "Sorry. We will ship them Monday." So what do I do now? This was my first time ordering eggs online, and I know it's an iffy prospect. Can I resonablly hold the eggs I got today until next Wednesday when the other eggs arrive? I mean, I am willing to wait, but they will be over a week old, will they still be viable? I'm so bummed.

They should still be viable. I've waited a week or so before setting eggs, but I also just use my own and I know for sure they're fresh. You don't know how long it will take those eggs to reach you once they are shipped, or how fresh they are in the first place. I think I would cancel the second order and set the ones that you have while they're still fresh.

They should still be viable. I've waited a week or so before setting eggs, but I also just use my own and I know for sure they're fresh. You don't know how long it will take those eggs to reach you once they are shipped, or how fresh they are in the first place.  I think I would cancel the second order and set the ones that you have while they're still fresh. 
Thanks for your input. The mangy farmer won't refund my money! I'm so annoyed. So I guess I guess I was wondering whether to have an over priced omlett, or try out my luck at hatching them all...

I have a rooster, so I could put a few of our eggs under her, but I have two breeds I don't like, and one I do. They all lay brown eggs so I don't know which eggs to put under the mamma. Ha ha ha I've been trying to figure out which eggs are which breed, no such luck, though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom