Eggs Arrived !

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by enola, Mar 4, 2009.

1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Luvmychicks sent me 6 eggs to do a test hatch on, 3 green ones and 3 blue ones. They were very nicely packed and arrived in great shape ! I picked them up at the post office this morning. They are settling in on the kitchen counter. First thing in the morning, I will put them in the incubator with the 2 brown eggs from my Barred Rock hen that are already in there.

I am hoping for a rooster from one of the blue eggs. A couple of hens would be nice too, but am not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Goob luck.

3. Megan04

Megan04 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Georgia
    Hi Mom! Good luck...have they moved yet??[​IMG][​IMG]

4. enola

[​IMG]

I haven't put the brown ones we put in the incubator in water yet [​IMG] But, we candled them (shined a light through them) and we see baby peeps in there.

The green and blue ones from Luvmychicks I have not candled yet. I have 7 more from my hens. [​IMG]

Poor Mike, he says, what the "heck" are you going to do with all these chickens ??? [​IMG]

I have more wire to make more cages. [​IMG]

We caught the [​IMG] Lindzie has him as a pet now [​IMG]

Lindzie + [​IMG] = [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Megan04

Megan04 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Georgia
    [​IMG]:weee

How did you catch the [​IMG]? And how does he like being a pet?

The weather is wonderful here!!! [​IMG]:weee

Gonna get my coop made!

6. enola

You know he was living under the house . . . . So J went into the basement and Lindzie and I herded him under the porch. Yelled at him a few times, he ran in the hole and J grabbed him. [​IMG] Lindzie yells, "Did he get the rabbit?" I said, "Probably, since he didn't yell poop I missed." And out comes J carrying the rabbit ! [​IMG] He is tame as can be. Lindzie carried him all around while we cleaned the old chicken pen !

This is Lindzie's Mom - - - [​IMG] "Now you have a lizard AND a rabbit !!!!????"

[​IMG] chicks coming [​IMG]

Proud [​IMG] and [​IMG]

[​IMG] Love ya !

Mom & four legged & 2 legged gang (oh and Star)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by