Eggs.c

mystry

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 3, 2014
Ok, I'm sure someone has gone over this before, but what is the easiest way to crack a guinea egg? I had a strong craving for homemade ice cream this morning and the first of the guinea eggs were all I had, so I used them, but I had a heck of a time getting them cracked to put in the blender.

BTW, still waiting to see the final result in the ice cream. Looks really good so far!

Thanks for the answers in advance! :)

Guinea eggs are so lovely but the shells are so tough. I normally tap a knife on the eggs to get the crack in them since tapping them on the brim of a bowl just wont work. Then I split them open with my hands like I do with other eggs. Hope that helps.

What I've always done is to crack the guinea egg against the edge of my counter and then use the tip of a sharp knife to puncture the thick membrane that's just beneath the shell where it's cracked. After that it's easy to pull the shell apart with my hands starting at the hole made by the knife tip.

Yeah, the membrane was the nice part, I didn't have broken egg all over, just shells.

Back
Top Bottom