Eggs currently hatching help needed

I would let the chick attempt to break thru the shell on it;s own for the time being, as long as it can get air and the membrane stays moist

The chick beak it not at that part of membrane it is further down i can see it trying to peck through but it hasn't at this stage - do I just leave to break its own way through?

Use clean tweezers and continue taking off like a zipping line around of just the shell. There’s a thread posted I believe on the incubating and hatching sticky on assisting a hatch that’s very helpful!!!

Should you decide to take the above advice, stop at once if you see blood and you must keep the membrane moisturized so the chick doesn't shrink wrap and get stuck. As long as the chick is moving and peeping I would give him some more time. It sounds like he is getting himself in place to zip himself out. you want the yolk sack fully absorbed if possible and the veins absorbed as well.

Thanks for the advice.

I have taken back the shell and all membrane still in place. I have oiled and ensured still wet

The initial hole in the membrane is where the red circle is however the chick is pecking the membrane further down where the white circle is- i am not sure how it created the first hole on red?

Anyway, what would you do in this situation.

Many thanks
20210107_112639.jpg

Has the chick pecked into the air sack and is the chick still moving and trying to peck thru the membrane?
Can you see if the yolk sack is absorbed?

Has the chick pecked into the air sack and is the chick still moving and trying to peck thru the membrane?
Can you see if the yolk sack is absorbed?

Hasn't got through the membrane or air sack but opened further up which is strange. Yes it is still trying to get through.

I can't distinguish a yolk, something green looking in three so maybe that?

Appreciate all of your help.

Back
Top Bottom