Eggs developing on one side only?

akaruby

Songster
Mar 28, 2015
Southern Tier, NY
I am using my Janoel 24 incubator for the first time and it has an automatic turning function. I candled on day 7 and it seems that all eggs are developing on one side? In the past I used a automatic turner with my little giant and the eggs didn't develop like this.

I turned them all on the opposite side that wasn't developing and put them back in the incubator. All but two embryos are alive and well at this point. It seems this automatic turning function moves them just very slightly.

Help please!

That is normal! It is called gravity! The chicks will always stay at the bottom of the egg. It is natural and you will get a better hatch this way!

If you are still early in the incubation that is normal, by day 14 the egg starts to really fillup.

Having same thing happen here, it just looks different from other incubator, will see in another couple of weeks if it was nothing to worry about. How did yours turn out?

I realy dont want to open the incubator at the moment, in that janoel 24 incubator they are on day 11, I candled the first 3 I could grab yesterday and they seem to look a bit better , as in they are filling in, developing ok, just looked very different than other incubator am using, first thought it was the eggs, as they shipped eggs, no idea how old they are etc, fingers crossed I get at least 5 or 6 hatch out ok.

Back
Top Bottom