1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Eggs, Eggs, Eggs and More Eggs!!!!! YAy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kmoreau, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Kmoreau

Kmoreau Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    I have been waiting for my little Grace to lay eggs for months now. I wasnt sure if she was even going to start laying til the spring. She just turned 6 months, and I was kind of wanting to speed up the egg process. She eats layena crumbles and free ranges with my drake. Lately she has been missing a bit. I see her at dinner time, and whenever I change the pool, but other then that she has been missing. The other day we were looking all over for her, even went around our neighborhood thinking she got out. Alas, she was hiding under the shed. (that was 4 days ago).
    This moring we had a bit of a cold spell so I went to check on them, and again couldnt find her. Well, again she was under the shed... this time when she moved I noticed she had built a nest... and inside was 16... yes 16 eggs.
    None of them had soft shells all were perfectly formed and white and hard.

Thank god I found them or we could have had 16 christmas ducklings running around.

I threw them all away since I didnt know how long they have been there and were really dirty.

I am so excited !!! My Grace laid eggs lol

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Yay! Oh, and you might want to relocate her nest to a heqted coop so the duckies will make it. Congrats on the eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by