EGGS EGGS EGGS!

Tommy I thing its great you are asking and learning before you try things on your own. I am in the same boat as you and trying to learn as fast as posible with out missing much!
Good luck!
Shelly

Thanks, yeah, I am trying to learn before I go out and do it. I don't want to make a bad mistake.

Yeah...its the 5th day now after she laid the batch of 10 eggs...and she not sitting, so I guess she's not a sitter then.

- Tommy

They don't just go broody because they lay a clutch of eggs. She might a hen that will eventually get broody but you can't make her sit or predict when. I have a few hens that wiull go broody several times a season and others of the same breed that may go broody only once or not at all.
What breed is she? She might be a breed that doesn't go broody. But she might be one that does but just isn't ready yet.

She's a Silver Phoenix...I think crossed with something though because her comb looks pea shaped. Shes standard size and its been 5 days since her last egg. Now I understand she needs some time but the thing is...the longer she waits, the lower the chance the eggs will hatch...not good

Back
Top Bottom