Eggs, eggs, & more eggs!!! From Sonew123 and AHappychick!!!

Wonderful.
thumbsup.gif

Not to be a bad influence or anything
wink.png
but when or do you plan to candle them?

I plan on candeling on Saturday which is day 10 and day 14 and day 18. I don't know how much I'll see with the olive eggers and BCMs but my light is pretty good so hopefully something will be there!
big_smile.png

Haven't smelled anything bad yet. Last time I had a couple go bad and it stunk!!!
sad.png

Well even though sonew123 has already slapped my hands
wink.png
I did candle at day 5. I saw veining in a few and what I think may be a blood ring in a few more. I have 43 eggs in the Genesis. You are right the olive eggers are going to be a shot in the dark as so far can not see a bit into them. That is why I am wodering about the smell. If I start to smell anything the nose will tell instead of the candling
sickbyc.gif

The three of us are all 2 days apart. I will look forward to learning as you both progress just ahead of me.

I smelled the rotten egg on day 3 last time! And another on day 5 so I think I got some pretty old eggs!

This hatch seems quite carefree for some reason! I have 40 in the Genisis 1588 and don't want to rock the boat to candle so I'll wait until day 10. I might even skip the day 14 if all seems well. I don't like to mess with Mother Nature!
wink.png
Even if you candle a bunch of times you still might not hatch all you see, so no sense chancing it!

But I will be sitting with my nose pressed to the 'bator on day 21!
big_smile.png

you bad girl! LOL...Ive been waiting for you to post an update becasue I knew you couldn't resist! hahaha

I had a smelly egg before too-Thought something died in my kitchen I had to pull almost every egg out of bator until I got the culprit -put that sucker in a ziploc nasty
sickbyc.gif

I have to say my olive eggers have quit on me-I was being selfish for these two weeks to collect as much as possible for my next hatch this weekend and 2 eggs is all I have of theirs right now! 2!!! My silkies are still spitting them out like nothing so Ill have a bunch of those to set... I have Amracauna eggs-frizzled polish eggs-and more standard cochin eggs-woo-hoo

Yah forget about the olive eggs-they are like xmas presents--never know until it POPS yahhhh

caf.gif
I am willing to bet that you have at least a 90% hatch rate on my Ameraucanas they are invincible it seems I have had 3 100% hatch rates now in the last 3 weeks. I hope you are ready for a full bator. I wish I could say the same about my Marans they are very finicky but I know some will hatch for sure just wouldn't put money down on it like the AM's.

wee.gif

Well, I have my fingers crossed that this hatch is going to continue to go well! I will let you know Saturday night what I have seen! It's supposed to snow like crazy here on Saturday so I'm sure it will be the highlight of the day!

Sorry about your olive eggers Natalie!
hmm.png
My eggs sure are pretty in the 'bator!

Last edited:
AHC, I hope I get some BCMs to hatch. Last time I tried, I got 3 roos!
sad.png
Just a couple of hens would be nice!
big_smile.png
The Ameraucanas are all bonuses to me! Just love the colored eggs!

Back
Top Bottom