Eggs fell out of incubator. How to tell not viable?

:barnie Horrors!!
How are they doing @Donna Jeanne ?

Hi. Yes, it iS horrors! . I don’t smell anything, but haven’t candled again yet. I was going to wait until day 18 and then check. I figure the less I hold them, the better. Given the amount of detachment I don’t think many will make it, but will keep a spark of hope until I see otherwise. Thanks!!

You should definitely call the company up and ask to be reimbursed. All that money spent on their expensive incubator only for it to fail, soo dramatically too! Please call them and let us know their response, I want to see if they take care of their customers given the high price of their incubators!

Wow. Only thing I can say is that if and when you do candle them, don’t flip them upside down to do it so you don’t risk damaging the air cells any more. Maybe even worth while to not turn as much. And I would be very tempted to hatch them vertical in cut out cartons since it sounds like your racks blew up.

You should definitely call the company up and ask to be reimbursed. All that money spent on their expensive incubator only for it to fail, soo dramatically too! Please call them and let us know their response, I want to see if they take care of their customers given the high price of their incubators!

I did call, and write. I bought the incubator second hand from a person who only used it once for LF chicken eggs. I’ve only used it three times prior for bantam chicken eggs. Brinsea looked up the incubator information and said it was out of warranty. Then priced new sides for the autoturner at $70. I told them how disappointed I was that their product broke after only handful of uses, but they didn’t care. I was shocked because Brinsea is so expensive and supposedly superior. The incubator itself still works fine, but the design for the autoturner is flawed if it’s stripping gears this quickly and can’t hold the weight of 16 duck eggs in a 40 capacity incubator.

Wow. Only thing I can say is that if and when you do candle them, don’t flip them upside down to do it so you don’t risk damaging the air cells any more. Maybe even worth while to not turn as much. And I would be very tempted to hatch them vertical in cut out cartons since it sounds like your racks blew up.

I incubate vertically and then usually lay on the side during lock down. Do you think I should keep them verticals until hatch?

With the possible damage to the air cells I think I would hatch them vertically but that’s your call.

Thanks. I’ll try that. So far no smell or sweat. I’ll be candling in Monday because I’m hesitant to touch them more than a couple times. Thank you for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom