Eggs finally started pipping this morning!

RiverMan420

RIP 1963-2014
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
Anyone know how long it takes to get out of the shell?

IMG_0937.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes it can take as long as 24 hours or even a bit more in some situations for it to emerge.... Please just back away from the incubator and don't open it....This is sooo hard to do....Believe me I know after hundreds of hatches now I have literally had to leave the room.....Keep us posted and Praying you'll have a Blessed Hatch!

Quote:
Lol I understand that my last hatch I left and went to the lake for the day so that I wasn't here and couldn't interfere hehe.

Is it just me who thinks this way?
I honestly believe that the reason why most hatches fail is because people just won't leave the eggs alone.. they constantly have to poke and fiddle with them.. i have seen some people who are in and out of the bator candling eggs every day and messing with the temperature and humidity.. then when they see a pip have to go and mess with that.. and then wonder why the chick died.. or have wild temperature fluctuations cause they can't leave the darn thing alone.. then worry and crack open a perfectly good egg and kill the chick..
methinks they need a lesson in patience!
and this is not directed at any one person in particular... just people in general..

Back
Top Bottom