Eggs hatching in about 7 days! What's in your Incubators?

What day are they on? I normally don't like to pull anyone out early, but if he is fully dry and the others haven't externally pipped I think it would be better to pull him out now then wait and end up having to remove him while others are mid hatch. Once the others pip it increases the risk of them drying out and it won't be for another day or two until they actually hatch. If the other eggs were pipped I would say wait.
The other egg hasnt piped, they are on day 27.

Eggs due to hatch tomorrow are pipped and I'm pretty sure this little one will be out sometime later tonight!

Attachments

• PXL_20210323_154513046.NIGHT~2.jpg
    PXL_20210323_154513046.NIGHT~2.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 8
🌷🦆I know with spring right around the corner that those incubators are starting to fill up!🦆🌷

I stared at my incubators today so many times as if it would somehow magically make those eggs hatch sooner (I really wish I had that superpower). My husband says that patience is not my strong suit and well.... he's not wrong😅... so I decided to stop incubator hovering and went to pick up a 4' round stock tank to use as my new brooder. Since we just moved in all of the ducks are out in the barn so now I'm currently out here with them getting the new brooder set up. I'm typing all of this while taking a "break" in the barn. 5'4" me trying to move a 4' round stock tank has been comical to say the least.... Thankfully this time I did not break my foot again (Last year I did break my foot attempting to move a stock tank that I was using as a brooder...impatiently I might add 😂).

Anyways....What does everyone have incubating this year? Barnyard mixes? Purebreed? Something fun and exotic? Dinosaur eggs?...Also please feel free to come back and post some pictures once they hatch! You can never have too many pictures of ducklings, chicks, baby velociraptors....!

Currently I have:
-Barnyard mixes due to hatch the 24th-27th of this month. Possibilities are Rouen, Runner, Mallard and Hookbill mixes (I'm hoping to get some fun colors!)

-Impatiently waiting another 1.5 weeks to collect Hookbill eggs to hatch from the breeders I separated and start setting by the beginning of April. Hopefully the new 24'x24' "duck barn" will be finished by the time they hatch so they can be the very first tenants to stay in the new hatching/brooder room!

Taken while hovering:
View attachment 2574286

Getting puppy pads to fully cover a round tank is the worst puzzle ever:
View attachment 2574289

"Ichabod" was stalking me aka. following me around trying to flirt so of course I had to stop and take his picture:View attachment 2574288
I love EEs! Definitely post pictures when they hatch!
I currently am incubating old English self blues,ginger reds ,silver ducklings, and bb reds

Second duckling hatched early this morning. First duckling is a Hookbill X and the second duckling is a Rouen X.

Note: For anyone worried about the Hookbill mixes all will be staying on our farm for table egg laying purposes only.

Attachments

• PXL_20210324_131519093.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210324_131519093.MP.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20210324_131603036.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20210324_131603036.MP~2.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom