Eggs Hatching Several Days Apart

weezyfno

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2015
Seattle
My Old English Game Bantam laid 18 eggs and finally set on them a couple weeks ago. The hatch date was supposed to be 8/17 but they've been hatching the past couple days with a few more pipped and on the way.

My understanding is that they were all supposed to hatch together. Now I'm confused and to add to it, half the babies are partridge and other half black.

What type of OEGB is she and what is the roo? Are there other hens housed with her that could have layed eggs too?

Last edited:
What type of OEGB is she and what is the roo? Are there other hens housed with her that could have layed eggs too?

She is a Black Breasted OEGB and the rooster is a Golden Grey Duckwing. No other hens live in her coop so the eggs were all hers.

She may have started sitting before she was finished laying, happens sometimes... sounds like half your chicks are a duckwing/BBR pattern and half black, or similar... she is a Black Breasted Red? And haven't heard of Grey in Golden Duckwing... can you post pics, please?

Some of the color varieties if you cross them half will come out one color and half the other color... sometimes it is sex linked as well...

Back
Top Bottom