Eggs hatching... soon?

So we have Christmas day babies!!! So excited my first successful hatch. So three hatched this morning I left them all in the incubator all day because we had family to meet up with today in another city. Came home and no more have hatched but three others have piped. I pulled the three hatched ones and put them in the brooder. One has its egg shell still dragging behind him/her but thats ok I think. One of them seems to have a bigger head then the others, and over all is a bigger baby. He every once and a while will start pushing his head down to the point that it flips onto the ground almost trying to do a summer-salt. Is this a sign of anything or do you every once in awhile get a big headed dumb dumb? 
congratulations!!!

:thumbsup

So we have Christmas day babies!!! So excited my first successful hatch. So three hatched this morning I left them all in the incubator all day because we had family to meet up with today in another city. Came home and no more have hatched but three others have piped. I pulled the three hatched ones and put them in the brooder. One has its egg shell still dragging behind him/her but thats ok I think. One of them seems to have a bigger head then the others, and over all is a bigger baby. He every once and a while will start pushing his head down to the point that it flips onto the ground almost trying to do a summer-salt. Is this a sign of anything or do you every once in awhile get a big headed dumb dumb? 
How exciting! I have 6 on lockdown but little hope since I've incubated nearly 100 eggs now and these are the only ones left.

Feedman77 thanks your your info by the way. Two times with nothing and tryed doing it dry as you said and bam I have babies.

I feel so incredibly stupid... are you supposed to incubate eggs with the pointy side down and the large side up? If I've been doing them large side down and pointy side up could that be why they've failed so far??

I have been doing the same. Hopefully we are not both dumb. The three that made it did peep out the large side. The ones that didn't the small. Maybe there is something to this.

Same here I just assumed that is how it should be since thats how they are in an egg carton. My next run will be with the big end up. We will see if things go better. Only had 3 hatch out of 7 fertile eggs. Three out of the four that didn't make it peeped from the small end of the egg. The three that made it out peeped out the large end.

Back
Top Bottom