Eggs hatching today

It does, but also looks like they were meant to go on their side for rotation.
They were on there side till day 18 when I stopped the rotation . And I put the big end up…. Just going from what I’ve read. Do I need to lay them flat then? Or leave standing up and take out turning rollers?

Everything I read “online “ says to point the big end upwards on day 18…
When this is over, could you please provide a link to one or two of these? I'd like to read that in context to see what they are actually talking about. Some people do like to hatch fat-side-up but I think you may have gotten some details wrong.

What does the manual for this model say? I couldn't find the manual online.
I could not find a copy of the operator's manual online either. Did yo get an operator's manual with that incubator? What did it say about lockdown? Each incubator is different, a lot of the information you read online may not apply to that specific incubator.

Okay thank you! It won’t hurt that they’ve already started to hatch will it? Some of the eggs there starting to crack now. None completely yet tho
What is going on this morning? What are you seeing? With those eggs stacked on end like that I'd expect to see the eggs scattering as chicks hatch. They will get pushed around and most of them wind up laying flat anyway. I don't know if any chicks will get hurt or not from the way they started out. I don't think they will but I don't know. If one of the first to hatch is on the end with all the others leaning against it the chick may not be strong enough to push the others out of the way.

It's not unusual for the first chicks that hatch to roll the later eggs round anyway. That usually doesn't hurt them, the main thing I'd worry about is an unhatched egg getting cupped inside a half an egg shell from one that has already hatched. I also don't casually open the incubator during hatch, I have shrink-wrapped a chick before doing that. Lesson learned. But if I have an emergency inside that I need to deal with I will open it to handle what needs to be handled. I realize there is a risk but sometimes you do what you have to do.

Back
Top Bottom