Eggs in Classroom (New Pics of duckling and gosling)

So far we have 12 babies!!!!!
love.gif

There are still several in the process in the incubator.....

The students are very excited and talked about almost nothing else today.....

How cool! I hope my daughter will have teachers who do this. If she doesn't, at least she will get to see it at home!

Well....we have 19 healthy babies at 8-9 days old.....
The kids love to watch them and to pet them....
We have one duck egg and one goose egg still in the bator...
My mom had given me 3 goose eggs but after candling I discarded 2 of them.... After reading up on incubating goose eggs, I saw that I was supposed to be giving them a 15 min cooldown and spritzing them with warm water...... OOOPs! Well we are on day 21 with the goose egg and I can see movement in the egg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
fl.gif

Here is a pic of our classroom babies in their brooder....
chicks016.jpg

Well, all of the chicken babies are doing well and growing very quickly.... They had to be moved out of the classroom and to an outside pen at my parents' house...

On Sat. my one duck egg finally hatched.....
This is Butter....
chicks024.jpg

And (amazingly) the one last goose egg hatched....
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

I was very excited....
Here is Easy......
chicks027.jpg

chicks026.jpg

All the students are very excited to now have a duckling and a gosling.....
lol.png

OH we just watched a horrible show on chickens hatched in the classrooms and I was AMAZED that most of these chickens get set out by the trash! Left to die! I'm glad that your a chicken lover so your babies will be safe
smile.png

Oh my goodness!! :mad: That is just awful. I can't believe that people claiming to teach children would do that sort of thing. I love all of mine and have trouble just letting go when I give them away even though I know they are in good hands.....

More pics of the duckling and gosling.....
Still wondering if anyone can give me some hint as to what breed the gosling might be.....
chicks028.jpg

This is my DD with Easy the gosling.....
chicks029.jpg

chicks032.jpg

Butter the Duck.....
chicks034.jpg

This is my first year with a house and thus my first with "farm animals" including my ducks and chickens. My Kindergarten students call me a farmer and think all my animal stories are great!!

I am incubating (at home) and sharing the experience with them....if my hatch goes well...and I can figure it out I have already talked to my principal about doing it in school next year. I just prefer to have some "experience" before I bring the kids into it. It would be heartbreaking if none hatched for them.

I have also offered hatching my eggs to other teachers...we can run my bator all school year next year if they want- in fact I can buy a better bator and make it a tax write off if I do that!

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom