Eggs in incubator

So glad to hear that your eggs are doing well
woot.gif

I have another question. I was told to put x on 1 side of the egg and an,, o on the other side of the egg, And then to rotate them From the x side to the o side. But what about the end to end or the other sides? It looks like The babies are forming I'm just a side of the eggs. Am I rotating them correctly I just roll them from the x
side to the o side. It seems that they are only filling up 1 side of the egg

They don't grow in the middle of the egg, the yolk is there taking up room. They're off to one side of the yolk. The white stuff when you crack an egg open to eat it, that's the stuff that holds the yolk suspended inside.

When you candle, if you turn the egg slowly in your hand while holding the light to it, the "blob" should move. As they turn into ducklings, this can also insight a movement from the baby.

Don't worry about end to end, keep the pointy end lower than the fat end. That's all you need to worry about there. Then just keep on turning... x to o, o to x.

Quote:
I wish I could help. But I just a little while ago put 9 eggs in and am still learning my self!
hugs.gif
hope its not dead!

During the early stages of incubation- a ring will form where the vein network was developing if the embryo has died. Being able to see the veins at any stage of incubation means that the blood is still circulating. If at any point the embryo dies- the blood will pool at the lowest spot possible meaning you can no longer see the veins as bright red when candling. This only takes a matter of hours, and can be much easier to detect in the early stages of incubation.

Towards the end when the duckling is filling up so much of the egg- the best place to look is just around the rim of the aircell. There are a few tiny pockets around that area usually where you can still see a clear area and the tell tale sign of a vein or two.

When I candle at day 7, I place all the promising eggs in one area and the "maybe" eggs in another area. I check them all again at day 14, and those in the "maybe" area get tossed if they prove to be duds. One more candling at day 25 to be sure, then I go into lockdown and try to ignore it until I hear feet scraping the bottom of the incubator.

(I lie, I've never been able to ignore it during lockdown..)

Back
Top Bottom