Eggs in plastic containers...

katehagerartist

Hatching
Jul 19, 2016
My son - first year chicken 4H decided to show eggs this year. We had a cool plastic container and some of our hens are Americanas so we thought cool...we'd take blue eggs in that container. His judge had a cow said plastic causes salmonella and his eggs were contaminated and could no longer be eaten. We'd never heard such a thing.... Any input??

My son - first year chicken 4H decided to show eggs this year. We had a cool plastic container and some of our hens are Americanas so we thought cool...we'd take blue eggs in that container. His judge had a cow said plastic causes salmonella and his eggs were contaminated and could no longer be eaten. We'd never heard such a thing.... Any input??

Interesting!
Love to hear from eggsperts, in my opinion plastic doesn't cause it, bacteria does, which could be already on the eggs, from chicken, from meat contamination and unsanitary handling.
1f633.png

Cooked eggs or shell eggs? Sounds like the judge was being a know-it-all.
When scratch & worn plastic is porus and can harbor bacteria. The organic crowd avoids plastic because it releases deadly chemicals used in the manufacturing process. google "BPA"

Back
Top Bottom