1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Eggs make you smarter!???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justusnak, Mar 24, 2008.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I found this article today...on a web site I go to, RealAge tip of the day.
    Can Eggs Make You Smarter?

This Week's Tips:
    Can Eggs Make You Smarter?

Like your poached egg and whole-wheat toast in the morning? Your brain might enjoy it, too.

Eating selenium-rich foods -- like eggs -- could help keep your memory sharp and your brain speed on high as you age.

Your Brain on Selenium
    In rural China, researchers found that elderly people who got at least the U.S. recommended daily value of selenium (about 55 micrograms per day) had cognitive test scores that put them in a league with people 10 years younger.

Woohoo! Go chickies go! Lay us some BRAIN FOOD!! [​IMG]

2. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Well if that's the case, I think I need to eat about a dozen a day to improve my forgetful brain! [​IMG]

Great info - thanks!

3. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Thats great!
    I am sure my customers will be happy with that info [​IMG]

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Ah....you beat me to it. I was going to post the same thing! Hey, just one more reason to love our chickies!!!! [​IMG]

5. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, then we're all geniuses!! Especially this time of year. We're about on egg overload after yesterday. Devilled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, the broccoli quiche, mmmm.

LOL-
    Em

6. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Every day that I'm on BYC I find evidence that eggs make you smarter!! Kudos to all the knowledgable chickeners on this forum!![​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by