Eggs not developing - please help me figure out what's wrong

If you want to see if hes mating them close them in for the night then open them up in the morning and watch. My males always mate right in the morning. To me those eggs dont look fertile
Thread 'Are these eggs fertile?' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/are-these-eggs-fertile.1521898/

I may agree on this assessment. Follow the link above, I think your eggs look very similar. It's always hard to tell from pictures but I don't see a defined bullseye.

Hens can reject a roosters sperm leaving the eggs infertile. I would try to incubate eggs from another hen and see how they do.I suspect the hens are the problem. I would observe the rooster soon as he is released with the hens in the morning as someone else suggested. Having only 2 hens can lead to hen abuse.The 3rd hen doesn't count( he won't breed a hens that aren't laying)

This is just a thought, but should you be wrapping in plastic wrap? Is it possible that the fertilized zygote is suffocating? I don't think the eggs should be wrapped-- especially in something that blocks oxygen like plastic wrap.
That's what was recommended to me by an experienced BYC member. I was thinking about the suffocation as well, but I don't think couple of days could do anything.. And it's really not 100% airtight.

Thread 'Are these eggs fertile?' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/are-these-eggs-fertile.1521898/

I may agree on this assessment. Follow the link above, I think your eggs look very similar. It's always hard to tell from pictures but I don't see a defined bullseye.
Is this not a defined bullseye?
1541C9ED-EC50-4BD5-9B85-DED252BADA3B.jpeg

Hens can reject a roosters sperm leaving the eggs infertile. I would try to incubate eggs from another hen and see how they do.I suspect the hens are the problem. I would observe the rooster soon as he is released with the hens in the morning as someone else suggested. Having only 2 hens can lead to hen abuse.The 3rd hen doesn't count( he won't breed a hens that aren't laying)
Wouldn't that show on the egg yolk though? I think it all comes down to define whether the germinal spot is looking fertile or not.

I definitely don't see any abuse.. I was worried about that too, but he barely touches them. I have never seen them mate. I have automatic door, so I would have to get up extremely early to witness that, but I can try. Still, I think the egg yolk should be enough of a proof without having to witness anything.

Wouldn't that show on the egg yolk though? I think it all comes down to define whether the germinal spot is looking fertile or not.

I definitely don't see any abuse.. I was worried about that too, but he barely touches them. I have never seen them mate. I have automatic door, so I would have to get up extremely early to witness that, but I can try. Still, I think the egg yolk should be enough of a proof without having to witness anything.
How long ago did you rescue the 2 ex battery hens ?

Back
Top Bottom