Eggs not floating in the water test

Caoimhe3210

In the Brooder
May 25, 2020
I was hoping for a bit of advice I have chicken and duck eggs that are at day 22 in the incubator I took them out to do the water test 2 of the chicken eggs and 1 of the duck eggs went straight to the bottom the others rested on top but no movement. Only one duck egg moved. What do you think? I cant find anything on eggs that just went straight to the bottom online? Thanks in advance

I was hoping for a bit of advice I have chicken and duck eggs that are at day 22 in the incubator I took them out to do the water test 2 of the chicken eggs and 1 of the duck eggs went straight to the bottom the others rested on top but no movement. Only one duck egg moved. What do you think? I cant find anything on eggs that just went straight to the bottom online? Thanks in advance
Never do the water test except to determine if found eggs are fresh or not. If you want to know how incubated eggs are doing, candle them.

Thanks I'm new to all of this can you tell me why you shouldn't do it please?
Water floods in through the pores and it blocks oxygen from going into the embryo. It's just very dangerous. It makes the eggs slippery and it's very easy to drop them also. The one time I trusted it I threw out what it told me were definitely duds, and they were not. That was the saddest thing. Just candle.

Water floods in through the pores and it blocks oxygen from going into the embryo. It's just very dangerous. It makes the eggs slippery and it's very easy to drop them also. The one time I trusted it I threw out what it told me were definitely duds, and they were not. That was the saddest thing. Just candle.
Ah ok that makes sense, thank you!! I will definitely avoid it with the next batch 😊

Back
Top Bottom