Eggs not floating in the water test

Eggs need to go into lockdown when ready to hatch. No more daily turning of the eggs.
Chicken eggs hatch at 21 days.
Duck eggs hatch at 28 eggs.
Lockdown and hatch timing are out of sync.
This is not a problem if you start the chicken eggs 7 days later. I do this all the time when hatching chicken eggs with guinea or turkey eggs. Lockdown becomes the same time for all of the eggs.

It is a well-known fact among breeders that waterfowl bacteria has a harmful effect on hatching rates of chicken eggs.

During periods of avian influenza here in Germany it was only allowed to free-range waterfowl using several chickens as sentinel birds as they are far more susceptible to germs and viruses than waterfowl.
That's interesting. I had never heard that.

This is not a problem if you start the chicken eggs 7 days later. I do this all the time when hatching chicken eggs with guinea or turkey eggs. Lockdown becomes the same time for all of the eggs.

Yes, I have been successfully incubating quail, guinea and chicken eggs all at the same time, taking into consideration the different duration and adding the eggs accordingly.

So the first little duck was born this morning 🦆🎉
How long should I leave him in there before I move hom to the brooder? I'm reading it should be 12 - 24 hours

Attachments

• 20200601_094007.jpg
    20200601_094007.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 4
How long should I leave him in there before I move hom to the brooder? I'm reading it should be 12 - 24 hours
Aw! You can take him out whenever. Now would be fine. I take mine out when they're still a little bit wet, so he's fine. Congrats!

Oh great thank you!! And this was one of the eggs that went to the bottom of the glass when in the water x

usually when poultry is born if your the first living thing it sees It might make it friendlier as an adult because it may see you as his/her mother if you were the one who noticed he/her hatched

Back
Top Bottom