eggs not hatching

FTLJORGE

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 25, 2009
AVON PARK
im having a problem hatching eggs , i dont know why the babies chicks die in the eggs within a day of hatching , when i open the eggs after not haching to my suprise fully develop chicks. what is going on

jorge:(

When do you discard them? Were they internally pipped when you open them or still snuggled inside the membrane? Are the yolks absorbed? Are all eggs not hatching or just a few? What kind of incubator are you using? What temps/humidity are you running them at for incubation and hatch times?

I would double check your thermometer and hygrometer to ensure they are reading accurately to start.

the first time we use an incubator all of the eggs hatched , our second time using the incubator none of the eggs hatched using the same tem and humidity, after 23 days we discarded the eggs and they were full of chicks , fully featherd , no yolk seen but never peeped , our 3rd try one of our hen sat on the eggs we bought of ebay 6 of them didnt hatch 5 of them never developed but one of the eggs did and again a fully develop chick , but never peeped

now i have 4 hens sitting on 22 eggs and 10 more in the incubator lets see what happends
sad.png

jorge

Shipping can be pretty rough on eggs. I had one of 10 hatch under a broody, and the chick did not last long. The rest were quitters.

Back
Top Bottom