eggs not hatching

coop45

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
I have quail eggs in the incubator for at list 20 days and nothing happen yet not even one hatch and this is the second time happen
to me. I don't know what is the problem.

Are you sure they are fertile? What sort of incubator are you using and what has been your process? There are SO many things that *could* be causing your issue -- knowing more about what is going on will be helpful in finding the problem(s).

I have and hova bator 1602 with the fan and i fallow all the instruction and the first time i got 8 out 22 shipped eggs thats not bad but my last 2 times i got eggs from other dealer and only 1 quail out at list 50 eggs not good

Did you examine the unhatched eggs to verify that the eggs you bought were actually fertile? If so, at what stage did development appear to have stopped?

Last edited:
I check the eggs and some didn't have anything inside but some where almost completed form I think it have to do with the temperature the
thermometer that come with the machine say 99 and a digital the I use have a 110, is like 10 degree different

I have found that no one thermometer can be relied upon. I use 3 different ones at the same time to check my temps. I have a box with probably 50 that aren't accurate that i've tossed out.

I think the best bet is to buy an expensive one who has everything stock temperature and humidity reader.

I just found out I am having same problem but I think I had humidity to high for the first 14day it should be 45 to 50 I had mine at 65 . some hatched but not a good hatch rate 38 eggs and 8 hatched.

Back
Top Bottom